Approaches to Justice in the Global pandemic – Thursday 2nd April 2020 18.00
- The Spanish and UK experience
Please join Spanish criminal law expert Jaime Campaner and Jonathan Black for a short discussion on the comparative approaches of our respective investigative and judicial systems to the challenges created by the Global Pandemic. Jaime has recently written for Fair Trials on the subject.
Amongst topics we hope to cover
- Prison – health and safety in prisons.
- Bail and extension of custody times.
- Video and telephone hearings.
- Police powers and arrests.
- Payment for attending police interviews.
- Pressure in lawyers to attend in person.
- Police sickness and fatality rates.
- Emergency laws and enforcement.
- Withdrawal of international arrest warrants.
- Mutual legal assistance and video questioning.
We hope that there will be opportunity for interaction and contribution from the floor.
Please feel free to bring a glass of wine. We would recommend a Tempranillo for this session