Civil Liberties & Human Rights
At the core of our values is a belief that that the rights guaranteed to suspects, defendants, offenders and prisoners in our justice system are fundamental human rights that protect us all from governmental abuse of power.
At BSB we are committed to upholding these rights.
For anyone under investigation by the agencies of the state, lawyers are often the only people they can turn to protect their rights.
At BSB we have made our reputation from our track record in challenging the decisions of public bodies such as Courts, Local Authorities and Public Bodies.
Examples of our work in this field include;
- Jon Black has been involved in cases challenging the legality of decisions to prosecute parents under the Education Act, for failing to ensure their children attend school.
- James Skelsey has also been involved in challenging the scope of Anti-Social Behaviour Orders.
- Richard Parry is an experienced Civil Liberties campaigner and legal representative for the London Defence Monitoring Group and involved in the Anti-Cuts Group.
- Richard and other human rights lawyers at BSB, such as Paul Butcher have represented protestors arrested as a result of public protests.
- Richard has also defended individuals involved in the May Day. G20 and Genoa protests. He is a regular attendee at conferences where police policy to policing protests is discussed and challenged, and a vocal opponent of excessive policing tactics.
BSB Solicitors are a company you can definitely put your trust in. I have had the privilege of working with Nathan, a true professional, who has used all his knowledge and effort, to reach the best possible solution for me, in record time. I am not only grateful, but honoured to have met such a person, and I can say with all my heart, that no matter the case, you can truly rely on this law firm, and you can expect the most favourable result.
I was extremely happy to have my Lawyer James Skelsey confirm the “no further action” status of my case today. James was as professional and savvy as they come and i am highly grateful for his help. I would highly recommend James and BSB solicitors to anyone.