Funding Your Case
Legal Aid Solicitors in London
BSB solicitors are proud of our commitment to Legal Aid work and the Criminal Defence Service. Our Partner Jonathan Black is a former president of the London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (www.lccsa.org.uk) and been at the forefront of the campaign to ensure access to justice. He was awarded Legal Aid lawyer of the year 2015. Many of our clients are not eligible for legal aid or choose to fund their case privately. We will always advise on legal aid eligibility and discuss fees at the outset of the case . Read more about funding your case.
- If you are arrested, charged or summonsed to appear in court you may be eligible for free legal advice and assistance. Even if you are not eligible we offer all clients a first consultation free of charge. Please contact us for further details.
- Legal Aid in the Magistrates Court is means-tested, and unfortunately, only those on benefits or low incomes now qualify.
- However, we will offer competitive private client rates if you are not eligible for Legal Aid, and you can obtain a quote which will be dependent on the complexity of your case.
- If your case goes to the Crown Court, legal aid is available, but is also means-tested, however, you will always be granted legal aid but may have to pay a contribution to the government to cover all the costs of representing you in court. To find out more click here.
We also offer a competitive service to business and private clients. We have experience of:
- Dti investigations
- HMRC inquiries including Hansard interviews
- POCA proceedings and confiscation at Magistrates Crown and High Court (from enforcement to challenge) and allegations of false accounting and money laundering
- For details of our competitive rates please click here.